Big Foreign News Health World News

How Surgical Patient Suddenly Catches Fire In Operating Room

How Surgical Patient Suddenly Catches Fire In Operating Room

Information reaching naija news house has it that a surgical patient suddenly caught fire in the operating room. The accident made the patient get a severe burn in her waist and legs. The fire caught the surgery coat and cause serious injury for her. The reason for this accident made people shocked.

In Japan, a patient got a serious burn when lying on the cervix surgery bed because she broke wind. The incident occurred on April 15th, 2016. But it took Tokyo University Hospital a long time to investigate, research, study, and make the report about this incident.

Patient Suddenly Catches Fire

As reported, this 30-year-old woman was being treated in the Tokyo University Hospital at that time. She had to take surgery as a part of the treatment for her illness in the cervix. But during the surgery, this patient broke wind. It made the laser machine burst into flame.

Patient Suddenly Catches Fire
Patient Suddenly Catches Fire

The fire suddenly burst inside the operating room.

The fire soon caught the surgery coat she was wearing. Her waist and legs got severe injury due to the sudden flame. According to experts, the reason for the flame was the intestinal gas of the patient released in the Operating theater. It was heated and set fire by the laser radiation.

Patient Suddenly Catches Fire

The cloth on the operating bed is the burning material and the last condition for the flame. These experts also confirmed that all the facilities in the operating room worked normally. Therefore, they can’t be the reason for the flame.

It’s not the first fire accident taking place in an operating room. Another disaster also happened in Langone Clinic in New York University. In specific, the oxygen diffusion was working normally when surgeons were operating.

Patient Suddenly Catches Fire

However, a medicine appliance reacted with oxygen and set fire to the operating cloth and the patient. The victim got severe burns in many parts.

How surgical patient suddenly catches fire in operating room. What is your comment about this?

About the author

admin

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *