Politics

#EndSARS: Victims Already Received Compensation – Lai Mohammed

#EndSARS: Victims Already Received Compensation – Lai Mohammed

Following the #EndSARS, Lai Mohammed says Victims Already Received Compensation

Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information and Culture, has said that many victims of the EndSARS protest that rocked Nigeria last year have already received payment of sums awarded to them by the panels set up by the Federal Government.

Mohammed stated this on Wednesday in a statement tagged: “Phantom Massacre at Lekki tollgate” to mark the one-year anniversary of the protest.

Victims Already Received Compensation

According to him, “Each state, in collaboration with the Federal Government, shall establish modalities for the settlement of all monetary compensations awarded by the panels.

“Already, as resolved by NEC, a number of states have set up Victims Compensation Funds, from which several victims have already received payments of sums awarded to them by the panels.”

About the author

admin

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *