Big

BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu: Fresh Two Weeks Sit-at-home Hits South-East States

BREAKING: Nnamdi Kanu: Fresh Two Weeks Sit-at-home Hits South-East States

Following Nnamdi Kanu detention, information reaching Naija News House says that Fresh Two Weeks Sit-at-home Hits South-East States

A human rights’ activist and convener of the Concerned Nigerians group, Deji Adeyanju has identified the Sit-at-home order by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), as the only way secure the quick release of Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the separatist group.

He advised that the South-East part of the country should effectively embark on a two-week lockdown in order to facilitate the release of the detained agitator.

Adeyanju made this claim of his Facebook page on Saturday while knocking the President Muhammadu Buhari’s government.

“If the Sit-At-Home in the SE is 100% effective and everywhere is on lockdown for 2-weeks, Nnamdi Kanu will be released soon. Once something is paining them so much, press their neck more,” Adeyanju wrote.

Kanu who was charged with ‘terrorism’ and treason, is currently being held in custody of the Department of State Services (DSS)

Sit-at-home

IPOB had earlier on Thursday, via a statement by its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, frowned at the continued compliance with the sit-at-home every Monday in the Southeast region, even after it called off the order.

The group had urged residents to go about their normal lawful duties on Mondays, warning that it would deal with anyone found enforcing sit at home on that day.

Meanwhile, since August 9 when the sit-at-home exercise initially called by IPOB began in the South-East, residents have continued to comply with the order every Monday even when the group called off the exercise two weeks later.

It was observed that residents despite the cancellation have continued to observe the Monday sit at home, following attacks launched on some people who attempted to do businesses on that day by some faceless individuals.

These individuals had at some point burnt vehicles and other property which in turn created fears in the people.

IPOB, however, said that it would no longer tolerate forcing the people indoors in the name of a cancelled sit-at-home order.

About the author

admin

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *