Tinubu Reveals How Much Nigerian Government Has Saved In Two Months From Fuel Subsidy Removal
President Bola Tinubu has stated that the government was able to save over N1trillion in two months of the fuel subsidy removal by his government.
The president made the claim in a nationwide broadcast on Monday evening.
He said, “In a little over two months, we have saved over a trillion Naira that would have been squandered on the unproductive fuel subsidy which only benefitted smugglers and fraudsters.
“I plead with you to please have faith in our ability to deliver and in our concern for your well-being. All of our good and helpful plans are in the works. More importantly, I know that they will work.”
He said the funds so far saved from subsidy removal “will now be used more directly and more beneficially for you and your families.”
This is just as the Nigeria Labour Congress with massive support vowed to mobilise affiliate unions and workers to embark on a seven-day nationwide strike starting on Wednesday.
This is to protest against the rising cost of living following the fuel subsidy removal.
Representatives of the Nigerian government are currently meeting with the representatives of the organised labour in a move to avert the nationwide strike.
However, the NLC has advised citizens to stock up their homes with food, medicines and other essential things ahead of the planned seven-day strike.